Today has been an interesting day, adding up the cost associated with starting this endeavor. I have been all over craigslist looking at skid steers, backhoes, loaders you name it! I have come to the conclusion that a mini excavator and a bobcat t190 are the way to go! If the sellers reply. As for the cabins, they are a whole other story….
I was planning to purchase pre-built cabins and finish the inside to my liking, but after adding up the cost I have decided to use my own design using pallets. They will be much more unique and a lot more cost effective.
As for the well, and the septic system, I am currently researching evaporating sewer systems, the park manager of the resort I am currently at told me in conversation earlier about them and that they are much more cost effective, AND the resort I am at uses them as well and the health department is perfectly fine with them, so long as they are aerated properly. The well.. its looking as if I will either pay around $7000.00 to have one drilled, or there might be the possibility of drilling it myself with some well kits I have seen online ( all part of the adventure!) Regardless, it looks as if AFTER I get the road trimmed and a drive made AND the electric setup on the property I will be moving my RV there and working from the property. The plan at the moment is to use 250 gallon water tanks for my personal use while the place is under construction and possibly an outhouse like when I was younger.
- Step 1: Purchase the pole saw to trim the way to the property
- Step 2: Purchase the heavy equipment & Trailer
- Step 3: Trim the trees and make the path to the property more RV friendly.
- Step 4: Have the electric hookups installed
- Step 5: Purchase the water tank & fill it.
- Step 6: Continuing clearing property
- Step 7: Ongoing step-round up as many wooden pallets as possible!
- Step 8: Purchase main office building ( Its a pre-built) and finish the interior.
- Step 9: Begin construction on the first guest cabin.
- Step 10: Decide on water system and get it completed and hooked up to main office/bathroom facility building.
I am only going with this 10 step plan right now, after all life’s an adventure and having it all planned out ahead of time leaves me few surprises to share with you all!
Also, it is looking like Florida may end up being off the adventure plans for this year, I haven’t decided fully yet BUT my focus needs to be on the future income wise and as much as I love my Florida breaks, its all about those priorities!
As always, I hope you are following along with me on this adventure and I will try to keep you updated, with my personal articles and of course the filler articles! I do read them you know, not only are they fillers but I think they each hold something interesting for my readers. Alfred….
Photo: By Jason Zhang, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=72533216